Documentation Translations

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Dec 14 15:25:47 EST 1999

  I'd like to thank Marcos Sánchez Provencio for his translation of
the Python Tutorial into Spanish; thanks!  I've added a link from the
list of non-English resources available at:

	http://www.python.org/doc/NonEnglish.html

  I think Python has benefitted from an involved, international
community, and we're seeing an increase in the number of available
translations.
  Unfortunately, the list of available materials is *in* English.
While that's convenient for Barry & me as we maintain www.python.org,
that doesn't seem to be the best way to provide information to people
who either don't read English or don't read it well.  I'd appreciate
help in maintaining the list of non-English resources in the languages
those resources are in.  I can handle setting up additional pages and
configuring the Web server to add any headers needed to properly
identify language and character sets for non-English pages if I can
get someone to provide and maintain the content in each of the
languages represented.
  If you can help maintain this information in a language other than
English, or provide guidance about how I can help support the work of
translators, I'd appreciate the help.  Please contact me via email if
you would like to help.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>