Newbie Variable Definition Question

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Tue Dec 14 22:04:02 EST 1999

I seem to recall from the docs that locals and globals could
not always be relied on.  Something ... ah... here it is:

.. undefined.4.2
    The current implementations return the dictionary
    actually used to implement the namespace, except
    for functions, where the optimizer may
    cause the local namespace to be implemented differently,
    and locals() returns a read-only dictionary.

>From the python reference manual.

You're probably ok, but watch out.

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com