Compiling with Pthreads

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolmt at smart.net.au
Fri Dec 3 00:11:10 EST 1999

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 03:00:04PM -0500, Brian Kennison wrote:
> I posted this earlier but I didn't get many responses and I would
> like to get this thing going so I'm posting it again. I'm trying to compile
> with threads so that I can use Zope.
>
> I'm not a programmer so I'm having trouble understanding the following
> compiler errors. (I know that these symbols are coming from pthread.h but
> don't know enough about it to even attempt a fix) I'm working with Python
> 1.5.2,the FSU pthread library on the MachTen platform.

Amazingly enough (for non-programmers), almost all of these error messages may
be the result of a single missing character! the hint comes from the first
bunch of error messages

[... snip...]
> thread_pthread.h:113: parse error before `pthread_cond_t'
> thread_pthread.h:113: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

Look at the file thread_pthread.h, line number 113. There will probably be a
closing brave on that line that ends a structure or a union. There will *not*
be a semicolon after that brace. That is why you are getting the error
messages. Insert a semicolon immediately after the brace and recompile.
Everything should go a lot better.

If you still have problems, email me the section of thread_pthread.h that
comes just before line 113 (say, the last 20 lines, or so). No need to send it
to the list.

Cheers,
Malcolm Tredinnick

--
On the other hand you have ... more fingers.