Packaging packages?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Thu Dec 9 11:38:25 EST 1999

    Jeff> Is there a way to collect all the python modules in a package into
    Jeff> one file?  I'm thinking of something like a "DLL for python
    Jeff> code".

Yes, check with (I think) Greg Stein and/or Gordon MacMillan and/or Jim
Ahlstrom.  One or all of them have developed at least one Python bytecode
archive that uses import hooks to search the archive for modules.  If I
understand things correctly, startup performance is enhanced because the
number of file system operations (stats, directory reads) drops dramatically
during module search.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...