Python and regexp efficiency.. again.. :)

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 08:38:17 EST 1999

> On 11 Dec 1999 13:21:52 +0200, Markus Stenberg
> <mstenber at cc.Helsinki.FI> wrote:
> >Meta-language link didn't work and EBNF is bit too low-level for
> my liking

Tim (from Parnassus, but he likes to hide that (which is strange given the
cudos he's due) - at least it ain't obvious in any of the mail headers that
Outlook 98 will deign to show) - said:
> VoP to the rescue! Url should be...
> http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/mxtext/Metalang.html
> (the mxTextTools page accidentally has lower case 'm')

Apologies about that - it's my fault, not Marc's. The URL *used* to be
correct, since the previous version of the page had a lower case "m". Then I
started working on the project at home on Windows95, and things tended to
acquire capital letters (mostly without my requesting them - as we know, MS
know how to spell better than we do), and when I updated the pages I forgot
to think about this sort of thing. And Demon obviously case-preserve
URL-to-file dereferencing. Ho hum.

--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive