Python and SSL

Jarkko Torppa torppa at polykoira.megabaud.fi
Wed Dec 1 16:36:25 EST 1999

In article <823q95$ofa$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Preston Landers wrote:
>BTW, as an aside, I recently wanted to automate some of my bank
>transactions that I do via http/SSL.  Unfortunately I found the state
>of http/SSL support in Python rather lacking, and I had to turn to Perl
>to acccomplish what I needed, simply because the modules were availible
>and more robust and mature.  If I had time I would rectify this
>situation. :-(

I have sslmodule that is also lacking, it's comment says
    basic ssl-module that has just enough stuff that i can connect to
    https site and get stuff from there.
it is quite ugly, but if somebody wants it I can see if I get permissions
to release it (written in work).

When (start of 1999) I wrote it I were able to find two other attempts,
 - one that was a patch to socketmodule.c
 - one based on very old SSleay, could'nt get it to compile
both were quite unacceptable

after that there have come at least
 M2Crypto 0.02  http://www.post1.com/home/ngps
 ssl_wrapper    http://home.att.net/~nvsoft1/ssl_wrapper.html

from quick glance at the sites M2Crypto looks better.

 Jarkko Torppa                torppa at staff.megabaud.fi
  Megabaud Internet-palvelut