"sins" (aka, acknowledged language problems)

Dan Schmidt dfan at harmonixmusic.com
Tue Dec 28 08:53:51 EST 1999

neelk at brick.cswv.com (Neel Krishnaswami) writes:

| The general problem that needs fixing is that Python really needs a
| better iteration protocol. (I understand that Guido has worked one
| out, but hasn't yet implemented it. You may want to contact him so
| that the two of you can use Viper as a test bed for advanced Python
| ideas.)

Anyone who is interested in better iteration protocols would probably be
interested in looking at how Sather does it.  Sather is an Eiffel-like
language with a home page at <http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~sather/>;
it performs iteration with coroutines, basically.

See
<http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~sather/Documentation/LanguageDescription/webmaker/DescriptionX2Eiterators-chapte-1.html>,
section 3.2, for a description of how you write them.

--
Dan Schmidt | http://www.dfan.org