Mailboxes

Alexander Sendzimir sendzimir at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 28 08:32:44 EST 1999

Funny you should ask. I was just going through it myself. Look at the _test()
function at the bottom of the mailbox module. There is no documentation on it
that I can find. Are you using a unix-based system? If so, you can use either of
the following approaches to _test() the module.

APPROACH #1 (csh/tcsh)

setenv MAILDIR /my/home/directory/mailfolder/mailboxfile
/biff/bang/boom/python1.5/mailbox.py

APPROACH #2

/biff/bang/boom/python1.5/mailbox.py /my/home/directory/mailfolder/mailboxfile

Both #1 and #2 should spill the guts of your mailboxfile.

abs