Multi-User non Client/Server database

piet at cs.uu.nl piet at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 23 05:53:42 EST 1999

CL> You'll want to read the recent MetaKit announcement
CL> <URL:http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=561017677>. MetaKit plays
CL> very well with Python, does locking right,
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't think so, see the following snippet from its mailing list:

   > Could two apps -- one web server generating web pages from the
   > database contents, and one e-mail list manager -- share the same
   > MetaKit datafile?

   Not if both need modify access.  Today, MK is multi-reader *or* single-
   writer, no other combination.  In some cases, you can work around this
   by maintaining a replica.  Multi-threading is high on my to-do list.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: Piet.van.Oostrum at gironet.nl