Enviroment

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri Dec 10 11:39:21 EST 1999

    >> anyway, the correct syntax is:
    >>
    >> os.environ["LD_LIBRARY_PATH"] = "/usr/lib etc

    Robert> hmmmm but it makes no use of it while importing.  If I made a
    Robert> script

I think LD_LIBRARY_PATH is only consulted once by the dynamic linker at
program start, so changing its value in a running script won't affect the
behavior of the script itself.  That explains your results (and probably
avoids a security hole you could drive a mack truck through).

If you are using a relatively recent version of Apache you can tell it what
variables to pass through to CGI scripts and also set their values.  Check
out the PassEnv directive.  I think the setter thing is SetEnv.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...