tkinter on AIX

Greg Landrum glandrum at my-deja.com
Sat Dec 18 09:32:22 EST 1999

In article <385AA5EE.6B31BDA1 at austin.ibm.com>,
  Tom Smith <tomhs at austin.ibm.com> wrote:
> ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l tk8.2
>         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.
> ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l tcl8.2
>        ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>
> In Modules/_tkinter.c:/* _tkinter.c  it is referred to as "Interface
> libtk.a and libtcl.a.".
> My tcl and tk libraries are called libtcl8.2.so and
> /usr/local/lib/libtk8.2.so
>
> These numbers agree with the ones in /usr/local/include/tcl.h and
tk.h.

I don't have easy access at the moment to a Setup file, so I can't
be specific, but I can be general... hopefully this helps.
You need (in the Setup file, I believe it's Setup.in, it's described
in either the README or INSTALL documents) to expand the load
path.  In that file is a block where the various directives are
set up for Tkinter (things like -ltk8.2 -ltcl8.2).  One of the options
mentions something about a load path.  That one needs -L /usr/local/lib
in order for things to go.

Again, sorry about the lack of specifics... if you can't parse my
generalities, send me mail and I'll track down the exact info.

-greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.