pythoncom and MTS

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com
Thu Dec 16 11:57:31 EST 1999

Does anyone know if you can implement MTS (Microsoft Transaction
Server) complient/safe COM objects in python?

I'm currently using VB and hot the problem where I can't have a class
member function called "Get()" (it's a keyword). I realise that this
isn't the best choice of for a function call but I'm trying to extend a
COM object with the function name and I have to keep the API the same.

If anyone could tell me how I can write a function in VB called Get,
then please let me know.

Well, the main reason for my post. I may perform my task of extending
my COM objects in Python.

2 things:
- Can I make my python COM objects MTS safe/complient? Does anyone have
any experience of this? (I don't know what MTS complient really means.
I've been told that I need to make my COM object MTS safe and I don't
embark on a python solution if I can't do that).

-Also, a serious question, is pythoncom ready for primetime? (I've only
just found it really). Again, I don't want to embark on a python
solution if I'm going to run into bugs.

Any help REALLY appreciated.

I've going a funny feeling my "holiday period" isn't going to be much
fun. The deadline for my project is Jan 13th. I hope my teammembers
aren't reading this! :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.