console package?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Thu Dec 30 06:46:31 EST 1999

In article <386ADA80.B17F335D at wcnet.net>, John Estess wrote:

>Is there a console package (like dialog) for Python?

Yes: snack. It's based on newt/slrn (same as dialog, IIRC).

>Where?

Good question.  RedHat Linux installs it by default, so I never
had to go find it.  Searching the usual web sites turns up
nothing.

There's also something called Tinter which claims to be "A
curses based interface module for Python. Tinter supports
buttons, text boxes, dialog boxes, progress bars, etc." Search
for it at http://www.vex.net/parnassus.  (I've never tried
Tinter.)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... the MYSTERIANS
                                  at               are in here with my