500 Internal ... not the same of Dan

mk_999 at my-deja.com mk_999 at my-deja.com
Tue Dec 7 08:54:50 EST 1999

Well, I'm a newbie of Python
and reading always this message is frustrating, because there is no
error in my code (I suppose).

I wrote a little code to upload files and register data on a database
(Oracle 8.0.4) using DCOracle. (plus Apache Web Server on Linux)

Sometimes doing this operation it shows me that message (INTERNAL SERVER
ERROR), but it works!!!!! if I control in the destination directory the
file is uploaded and in the database a new record is regularly
registered.

Refreshing the page, sometimes it shows the correct page, others not,
but it always add new records.

I used traceback (not so usefull in this case), and verified syntax on
command line (it seems all right).

I would be glad if someone showed me which way I can follow to solve
this problem.

There could be something wrong about the SQL, but why does it execute
the code anyway?!?

Here there is the function used to connect:

def db_update(product, title, author, descr, path):
	try:
		dbc=DCOracle.Connect("***/***@***")
		if dbc:
			cur=dbc.cursor()  #get cursor
			if cur:
				stm = "INSERT INTO dev.procedure VALUES ( '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s',
TO_DATE(sysdate,'DD-MM-RRRR') ,'%s')" % (prodotto, title, author, descr,
path)
				#print stm
				cur.execute(stm)
			else: