mxODBC Problems

benji_york at my-deja.com benji_york at my-deja.com
Tue Dec 21 11:28:02 EST 1999

I've been using mxODBC very successfully for a
couple of months now, but a couple of days ago
started having a strange problem. I am retrieving
data from a TurboIMAGE database on an HP 3000
running MPE (OS). Until now everything has worked
flawlessly, but all of a sudden the integer
fields contain huge numbers that are offset from
the true value by a fixed amount. If I rerun the
(python cgi) program the results will sometimes
clear up, but will at other times be off by a
different fixed amount. I don’t believe this is a
problem with my database because the data is
being used in a production environment correctly,
and I can use another ODBC client like MS Access
to browse the data and it’s fine, so I’m left
looking at mxODBC. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Benji York
Calsonic North America
Benji_york at cal-na.com