Where can I find info on IDispatchEx()

Alex Martelli Alex.Martelli at think3.com
Tue Dec 14 12:29:01 EST 1999

Kc5tja writes:

> All the other examples used Visual Basic purely as a scripting language --
> ie., a language which bosses other objects around.  I'm aware that you can
> create new COM objects in VB, but they are accessed almost exclusively
> through IDispatch, rather than through native COM interfaces.  The only
> way

This is false.  Visual Basic (6, for sure; but I think 5 could as well)
can also be used to implement custom ("native COM") interfaces.

> to create REAL COM objects is to use a compiled language, or an
> interpretted
> language which creates compiled stubs for your COM interfaces.

VB _is_ a compiled language -- compiled to machine code since
the times of VB5.

It's probably not a GOOD language, but that's a completely
different issue... let's not spread disinformation anyway!-)

Alex