Scalability Research (Was Re: Python suitability)

skaller skaller at maxtal.com.au
Tue Dec 28 14:02:14 EST 1999

Patrick Phalen wrote:

> * Interfaces
> * Classes vs types
> * Static typing
>
> Three big subjects *is* perhaps a bit much for one poor little sig to
> carry. Then again, perhaps the threads are simply migrating to c.l.p.
>
> Nevertheless, the Eighth International Python Conference is coming up.
> Looking at the schedule, including Developer's Day, I can find no
> provision for *reviewing* progress made since the  7th Developer's Day
> on interfaces, (nor classes vs types or static typing). Shouldn't a time
> slot be made for this sort of progress report?

FYI: IMHO the Types-Sig is converging to a useful proposal
covering interfaces and static typing (together).

[As someone that regularly disagrees with everyone, this is a pretty
good indicator of progress]

John Skaller, mailto:skaller at maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia
homepage: http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
voice: 61-2-9660-0850