recode

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Dec 12 19:56:58 EST 1999

Pawel Krawczyk <kravietz at ceti.pl> écrit:

> Problem is that actually I'm improving some third party program using
> third party library.  In this particular case the program_name is unique
> for recode, but if tin also used this symbol for some other purposes?

It is unlikely that it does for other purposes.  `program_name' is widely
used in GNU programs.

> Instead of having the program_name symbol in the librecode, I'd rather
> make another library, say librecode_simple, which would contain procedures
> for simple programs using auto-abort feature you mention.

I'm not fully sure I understand your suggestion, yet I wonder if the matter
is worth the trouble.  As I wrote to you in a separate message, the purpose
and usage of this variable is now documented, and if the surprise does not
exist, it will probably not be a problem in practice.  Not documenting it
in the first place was a mere oversight from me, as this variable exists