Arg! (Makefile.pre.in)

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Tue Dec 21 14:55:55 EST 1999

I am trying to compile a simple extension module (at the moment, only
the spammodule example of the "Extending and Embedding..." doc.) but
nothing seems to work... I tried to do everything as described, and
got the error message "bad word", seemingly related to Setup.in. So I
tried to fiddle with that, and when it stopped complaining, and I
tried to do a make, I got the message "nothing to be done for
default". I tried "make spammodule", "make spam" and several others. I
tried the version of the first make where I specified the install-dir
of my Python. No effect.

Is there a more foolproof way of doing this? Is there some way I can
find out what is going on?

(And - alas - I haven't been able to compile SWIG properly yet,
either. <sigh>. Running solaris, by the way.)

--

  Magnus
  Lie