configure is screwing up threadmodule.c

Orlando Vazquez ovazquez at sprint.ca
Thu Aug 12 01:34:11 EDT 1999

hi, i'm having problems getting threads to work in python. my problem is
at compile time. i have pthreads 1.0 installed on my linux computer
(slackware 3.4/kernel 2.0.30/gcc v2.7.2.3) when i ./configure python i
pass it the --with-threads. maybe something is going wrong i'm not sure
as to what to look out for?

Sorry about the lack of 'proof' so to speak. there is a lot of stuff in
the output of configure, and all the makes.. if you can give me any
advice as to what i should show you please tell me! i found this bit in
the configure script.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions as to what's happening here? I really
needs threads right now.
checking for pthread.h... (cached) yes
checking for --with-dec-threads... no
checking for --with-threads... yes
checking for --with-thread... yes
checking for mach/cthreads.h... (cached) no
checking for pthread_detach... (cached) no
checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... (cached) no
checking for __d6_pthread_create in -lthread... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lcma... (cached) no
checking for usconfig in -lmpc... (cached) no
checking for thr_create in -lthread... (cached) no