Stupid question about .EXE

Sean Mc Grath digitome at iol.ie
Sat Aug 7 06:20:16 EDT 1999

[Robin Dunn]
>Also take a look at Grodon McMillan's Installer utility found at
>http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/install.html.  This one doesn't require
>a C compiler but is Win32 only (and works quite good in my opinion.)

I second that! We have just finished a freeware utility to convert
Eudora mailboxes to XML and from there to the Folio Views
IR engine. The thing is written in Python using wxPython as
the front end and shipped as an installshield setup. Gordon's
installer did the magic of accumulating all the dependent
bits into one directory and creating the win32 executable.

Nobody who has used it so far has been able to guess that it
was written in Python. For fun, we are winding up a few
people, telling them that we took the Microsoft C++ source
code for the Scribble application as a base...