"def" vs "sub" (was RE: More random python observations from a perl programmer)

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Tue Aug 24 02:19:32 EDT 1999

[Thomas Wouters]
> Nevertheless, compiler and language internals fascinate me.

With luck you'll grow out of it <wink>.

> Which reminds me... I hardly see any 'development-traffic' on this
> list, other than some sideways references to a CVS tree... Is there
> a secret society or do you just have meetings in guido's favorite
> pub ?

There are many secret societies; most development takes place in Guido's head,
while most of the rest occurs under the auspices of one of the Secret Insider
Groups (SIG, for short):

    http://www.python.org/sigs/

Python's source code is exceptionally easy to understand, so pick something
that interests you from

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/todo.py

and have at it.

we'll-beat-the-curiosity-out-of-you-yet<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim