carpe linguam

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat Aug 21 21:15:17 EDT 1999

srenner at lycosmail.com wrote:
> The reactions Mr. Christiansen evokes may have more to do with his style
> than his content. It strikes me as pompous, pretentious, hostile,
> autodidactic, preening, vain and unpleasant. Perhaps this is not the
> right newsgroup for him.

Oh, I don't think he's that bad. He *does* flame back when he feels people
are flaming him, and sometimes his finger is a bit too near the flame
trigger, but he's nice and reasonable to the people who are nice and
reasonable to him.

So let's try to be nice and reasonable to him? I thought this group was
above this kind of flaming, actually. I always considered comp.lang.python
to be one of the most mature newsgroups I've been reading, but I'm slowly
being forced to adjust my opinion here, and I don't like doing that.

Regards,

Martijn