More random python observations from a perl programmer

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Aug 20 12:32:25 EDT 1999

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:39:12 +0100, Michael Hudson <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk>
wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Ian Clarke wrote:
>

>> > Ah, have you discovered rlcompleter yet? Put this in your ~/.pythonrc:
>> >
>> > import rlcompleter
>> > readline.parse_and_bind('tab: complete')
>> >
>> > set PYTHONSTARTUP=~/.pythonrc and then in python type:
>> >
>> > d={}
>>
>> Is there any way to get this working on Windoze?
>
>Not that I know of; there is a port of readline to Windows (or at least I
>found a reference to one last time I looked) but I don't know how much
>work would be involved in getting Python to play nice with it.

<plug>
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/binaries/Binaries.html
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/binaries/PyReadline-w32.zip

It works near-perfectly for me.
</plug>

[snip]

>HTH,
>Michael

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |