Printing from python on Windows platform

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Wed Aug 4 20:58:49 EDT 1999

    Mark> Either way, what I can test is that you can specify the name of
    Mark> the printer as a network resource.  Eg:

    Mark> open("\\\\boots\\officejet", "w")

    Mark> will allow me to open my printer and write to it.

Dumb question from a non-Windows person: shouldn't that flag arg be "wb"?
We Unix weenies are always getting beat up by the Windows weenies for not
including the "b"inary flag when opening files.  I figured turn about is
fair play. ;-)

Skip Montanaro	| http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com  | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098