Why do we call python a scripting language?

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Fri Aug 27 21:23:24 EDT 1999

|> Is any one using freeze or ...

SGI will soon post to www.sgi.com a couple more Y2K scanning
tools, one that checks what you have installed on Irix systems
for recommended y2k compliant versions, and one that will
'grep' through source code for y2k sensitive terms.

The 2nd of these, the source scan, I wrote in Python using freeze.

It was the first production Python I have written.  'Twas a
little silly, turning a few hundred line 'find ... | xargs
grep ...'  shell script into a 700 Kbyte executable.  But other
than that, worked fine.