Python equivilent of pack()?

Bit Nik bitwise at io.com
Tue Aug 24 14:35:14 EDT 1999

I'm writing a small program that needs to be able to decode a RADIUS
packet obtained from a snoop trace. I'd like to do it in Python 'cause its
just such a darn handy little programming language.

My question is this: is there a functional equivilent to the Perl pack()
and unpack() functions in Python? Or even better, is there an easier way
to do what I want with Python? If not, how many people think this would be
a useful addition to the Python standard library?

Thanks in advance.

ACT