Python Newbie Seeks Help

HERBS fran at nospam.com
Thu Aug 26 17:11:03 EDT 1999

I'm new to python and having a hard time digging up the info
i need on a couple of issues.

I've searched the "net" and looked extensivley through
python.org.

What i am looking to do is extract data from an old
non ODBC compliant informix database ( "version 4.x
of informix SE) through informix 4gl programs and pass the
data to a server witten in python that would the pass the data
to the clients that have requested it.

My two area's of concern with python are:

1) I would some form of a "real world" example of how to
     use SocketServer.

2) Any instruction on passing data to a python program
     would also be very helpful.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks