carpe linguam

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Aug 22 13:07:14 EDT 1999

Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
> Oh, I don't think he's that bad. He *does* flame back when he feels people
> are flaming him, and sometimes his finger is a bit too near the flame
> trigger, but he's nice and reasonable to the people who are nice and
> reasonable to him.
>
> So let's try to be nice and reasonable to him?

you mean like saying "you're right, python is completely un-
documented" and "python 1.4 is still the current version" and
"you're right, the assignment statement knows how to copy
some data types but not all", etc?  that's fine with me.  the
customer is always right, you know ;-)

on the other hand, I'm not sure that would have helped.
judging from most threads that tchrist appears in (be it
on comp.lang.perl.misc, gnu.misc.discuss, or this group),
things often turn into a great flame fest when he's in-
volved, by some mysterious reason.

maybe we should add a note to the newsgroup FAQ?

</F>