Python article on Builder.com

Ron Klatchko ron at library.ucsf.edu
Fri Aug 27 19:18:08 EDT 1999

Tom Funk wrote:
>  - the value of Object Orientation in a scripting language

OO is another methodology for building software.  Some classes of
problems are best addressed with OO.  When you are faced with such a
problem, OO is indispensable.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.  It's from 1991 when OO
had become very popular:

... You have to think.  There is no substitute for thinking.  There are
people who think that "object-oriented" will solve your problems for
you.  Rubbish!  "Object-oriented" is (only) a way for you to attack your
problems.  It is not a magic wand that makes the problems go away
without thought or effort.  --Bjarne Stroustrup

moo
                        ron at library.ucsf.edu