Library philosophy

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Aug 30 14:05:06 EDT 1999

In article <935699892snz at vision25.demon.co.uk>,
Phil Hunt <philh at vision25.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <37C57A80.D5C62704 at prescod.net>
>           paul at prescod.net "Paul Prescod" writes:
>>
>> Would it it make sense to start wrapping the low-level modules with
>> high-level, easier to use modules that would be "the default" in Python
>> 2?
>
>This could be a useful idea, as long as the present libraries are
>kept for compatibility.
>
>I've written a class representing a Usenet article, which could form
>the basis of a high-level nntp module.

Interesting.  Your second paragraph proves your first, because netnews
articles per se comprise only part of the NNTP spec.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)