waiting on a callback with PyGTK

Rob Hodges s323140 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 18 14:04:51 EDT 1999

Mitch Chapman <chapman at bioreason.com> writes:

> Rob Hodges wrote:

> > Now here's my problem: I want the program to sit there doing
> > essentially nothing until the callback returns.

> Here's some sample code showing a solution to your problem.
>
> BTW it might be better to route this sort of question to the
> pygtk mailing list.  (But I like the fact that you're giving
> exposure to pygtk here :)

Thanks for the very prompt answer and the heads-up on the mailing
list!  And while I'm giving exposure to pygtk here, I'd like to say
that it's just about the most glorious thing I've ever seen.  I've
never done any GUI programming before but I was able to get a basic
interface of my choosing together within a couple of hours of
untarring pygtk, in spite of the sparse documentation.  I'm seriously
impressed.

-Rob