API question -- decref after adding to dictionary?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Aug 6 17:30:14 EDT 1999

Michael P. Reilly writes:
 > Fred, I haven't given up on my own extention writing section, just gotten
 > delayed researching the C++ side of it.  Should I just drop it?

  Sorry for the delay in responding; I tried to actually get work done
today!  ;-)
  I think these cover different topics; the upshot of my discussion
with Rich is that Skip is creating a database of reference count
behaviors, which I (or others) can use to improve the API reference,
not the extending & embedding.
  I still welcome your contribution!

  -Fred

--