converting Netscrape mailbox to Unix mbox format

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Wed Aug 11 14:13:41 EDT 1999

Hi All--

Eugene Leitl wrote:

> Michael Hudson writes:
>
>  > Last I looked Netscape mailbox format *was* unix mbox format (on unix
>  > anyway; can't speak for Netscape on windows) - have you tried pointing
>  > pine at them?
>
> Yes. Both pine and VM. Both see a giant 5 MByte message.
>
>  > Otherwise you could try the mailbox standard library module...

I remember MHonArc doing OK on Netscape mailboxes, but there were a lot
of missteps.  You might look into their code to see how they parse the
mbox into individual messages. ...

Take care,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70