Why do we call python a scripting language?

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Sat Aug 28 22:41:38 EDT 1999

|> I've never even looked into freeze, but my understanding is
|> that it's not trivial to set up, or am I wrong ?

If you use a vanilla enough setup, simply downloading,
unpacking, building and installing a current Python
on a system that doesn't have other old Python fragments
laying around, with a healthy set of compile and make
tools, then freeze is easy enough.

I presume (but don't know from actual experience) that if
your setup was sufficiently weird, for some value of
"sufficiently", then freeze would start getting confused.