Why use Python when we've got Perl?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 14:12:29 EDT 1999

Lets face it; the perlers have a fairly hopeless position when it comes
to defending the perl language (I once described perl as being like awk
on steroids and lsd). They probably win on numbers who use it and on the
module CPAN thing. They're certainly more arrogant and less helpful than
some other communities. There are certainly some programmers who want to
be wizards at arcania; it's a job defense mechanism for one thing. I
think excellers and sqllers may be similar although I'm certainly not
good enough at either to really criticise.
--
Robin Becker