Small question about Python executeable(sp?) files

Alex Maranda amaranda at spider.com
Wed Aug 25 09:34:29 EDT 1999

Syniq wrote:

> I know that
>
> #! /something/blah/whatever/python
>
> as the first line in your code will make your "program" an
> executeable(sp?), but this assumes that your user has python installed
> in /something/blah/whatever/python.
>
> What I'm wondering: Is there a way to make the script execute regardless
> of the location
this one is easy:
#!/usr/bin/env python
provided that python is in the users's path.

(or even existence) of python on the user's machine
> (basically, compile it into something sort of resembling ye old .EXE
> file)?
Aye, harder though. This is freeze you're talking about. Look in the
Tools directory of the python source. See also my prev post on how to do
it on Windoze.

Cheers,
Alex
--
Alex Maranda         mailto: amaranda at spider dot com
Spider Software Ltd. Tel: +44 (0)131 4757036