No man pages? (was Re: More random python observations from a perl programmer)

Chad Netzer chad at vision.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 20 02:16:51 EDT 1999

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     bowman> You want to be careful building Python 1.5.2, also, as a little
>     bowman> misstep will break RH's 'glint', 'linuxconfig' and other Python
>     bowman> based oddities.
>
> There are two or three scripts that need to have their function def's fixed
> to not have default args after non-default args.  If anyone needs them I can
> build a context diff. Just let me know.

Those of us on the Python4Linux issues are ironing these issues out.
Hopefully,
we will submit an SRPM that the major distributions will accept in order to
upgrade their next supported releases to 1.5.2 (Debian seems to have 1.5.2
available in their unstable release already).

Those wanting to know more can subscribe or see the archives: