Fuzzy string matching?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri Aug 27 19:54:18 EDT 1999

    John> Here are some illustrative results from the Python-supplied soundex
    John> module, which generates a 6-byte key:

    John> This module is incorrect in its handling of multiple occurrences of the
    John> same code:

I am guilty of dropping the ball.  Guido would like sondex.c out of the
core.  Tim Peters sent a Python replacement to me.  I was supposed to give
it some life.  It's still sitting in my inbox.  I'll try to take care of it
next week (bug fixes and all).

(I realize that doesn't make Soundex any better for the fuzzy matching
algorithm, but I should at least fix any obvious bugs...)

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...