More random python observations from a perl programmer

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at compaq.com
Tue Aug 31 00:24:18 EDT 1999

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Sweet!  Are you doing dicts too?  I await the day when I can litter my code
> with calls like "fn(1, *twople, 'with a melon?', *threeple, **websters,
> **randomhouse)".

Currently you're allowed at most one tuple and one dict,
and they have to be at the end of the parameter list,
by analogy with the def syntax.

This seems to be adequate for the main intended use --
passing parameters on to inherited methods. Doing
anything more complicated would be rather awkward
to implement.

Greg