Python to Perl Conversions

Tom Christiansen tchrist at mox.perl.com
Thu Aug 19 15:43:39 EDT 1999

     [courtesy cc of this posting mailed to cited author]

In comp.lang.python,
    Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.demon.co.uk> writes:
:It's a good thing I'm in the killfile as otherwise my response would be
:raising the blood pressure of this arrogant person. Perl with any amount
:of documentation sucks when compared to python. It's not so much the bad
:language structure/syntax but the lack of sensible advice. Also (it's a
:number thing) there are good reasons for maths/engineering types like
:myself to prefer python.

I never killfiled you.  Why are you trying to start a flame war?  And why
did you respond with a stupid Jeopardy style Answer before the Question,
without even trimming?  Is your newsreader broken, or haven't you ever
bothered to read news.announce.newusers to learn how to use Usenet?

Followups to /dev/null.

--tom
--
The very fact that it's possible to write messy programs in Perl is also
what makes it possible to write programs that are cleaner in Perl than