Necessity of ``pass''

Nigel Head nhead at houbits.com
Tue Aug 24 06:16:13 EDT 1999

My personal vote is to not propose to meddle with "pass":

1) as others have previously pointed out it is a great aid to
readability (one of the big points for python in my mind)

2) I often (well sometimes) generate code automatically and the "pass"
statement is something that I put in a lot when I have to deal with
unused options of a given code skeleton

3) I don't really mind using "pass #" as a comment-it-out string now and
again

4) I can't imagine that the time machine has ever changed this facet of
the syntax anyway

Nigel