PIGgies?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Aug 20 10:40:10 EDT 1999

In article <19990818171523.A22207 at digex.net>,
John Landahl  <jpl at digex.net.nospamplease> wrote:

>Lately I've been considering forming a high profile user group in San
>Francisco to help promote Python as a serious tool for mainstream use.
>Much to my chagrin I discovered that there's already a (recent) group
>called "BayPIGgies".  I later noticed that the term "PIGgies" is used
>elsewhere for Python user groups.  Am I the only Python enthusiast that
>has a problem with the term "PIGgies"?

I suspect that you've fallen for the common fallacy of thinking that
"Python" refers to a species of snake; in fact, "Python" is a reference
to Monty Python's Flying Circus, and most pythonistas make a point of
heavily using irreverent humor.

There's nothing like a cream pie to the face for demonstrating how
serious you are.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)