MySQLdb python module dumps core!

Nathan Clegg nathan at islanddata.com
Tue Aug 24 19:31:34 EDT 1999

I've run the MySQLdb module successfully on two different Suns running
Solaris 2.6.  Just put it on a new machine running 2.7 and it dumps core
on errors!  On the working host:

  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/MySQLdb.py", line 245, in
__init__
    self.db = apply(connect, (), kwargs)
_mysql.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user:
'erlogs at localhost' (Using password: YES)")

Which is what *should* happen.  If I log in correctly, all works fine, but
I really need to be able to catch these exceptions rather than dumping
core with a bus error :)

Python 1.52 and mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc binary install.  Any
ideas, please share!  Thanks.

WARNING: message cross-posted to two mailing lists.  Reply with care.

Nathan Clegg
 nathan at islanddata.com