Unsorting(randomizing) a sequence

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Aug 18 13:12:58 EDT 1999

  Stephan> Furthermore, Skip used he module whrandom, whereas I used
  Stephan> random.  Any ideas in which respect these modules differ?

  SM> Well, if you look at random.randrange, you'll find it
  SM> exceedingly similar to whrandom.randrange:

  SM>     <method whrandom.randrange of whrandom instance at 814a370>
  SM>     <method whrandom.randrange of whrandom instance at 814a370>

The intended use of the standard library here is for users to import
random to get access to whrandom.  whrandom implements a specific
method for generating random numbers.  It could easily be replaced
with a different, improved module at some time in the future.  If user
code imports random, it will automatically get the benefit of the new
implementation.

Jeremy