RPM for Python 1.5.2 ?

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sun Aug 8 22:09:15 EDT 1999

David Young wrote:

> Has anyone built an RPM for Python 1.5.2 ? I think it's sort of curious
> that RedHat hasn't already. Anyway, I'm building my own package right now,
> but I'm afraid I might be wasting my time....

I didn't do a rpm for RH5.2, just built from source. Installing to
/usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib tends to break glint, setup, and a
couple of other Python based rh tools, but you can move their .so stuff
and rand.py to the appropriate directories and get the tools working
again.

I had done the rpm earlier, but vim5.4 didn't seem to find a python
config it needed, so I was having trouble getting the python features
enabled.

After spending a day trying to get PerlTk up. only to discover Perl is
broken in rh5.2, and a few other RPM gotchas, I'm back to building from
source. ymmv

--
Bear Technology  Making Montana safe for Grizzlies

http://people.montana.com/~bowman/