[ANNOUNCE] M2Crypto 0.01

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Sat Aug 21 12:26:57 EDT 1999

Ng Pheng Siong wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of M2Crypto 0.01;
> the package is available at http://www.post1.com/home/ngps
>
> Following is the README:
>
>  The M2 Python Crypto Toolkit 0.01
> -----------------------------------

Could you please tell me where that server is located and whether
it is legal to download the software from Germany ? If it is
US based then we have the same problem as I had with the other
two OpenSSL interfaces: it's not legal to export them from the US
since even code linking at crypto software (in law speak: providing
crypto specific hooks) is understood as being contrary to the
US export regulations (at least that's what the Lotus Notes
chief engineer said about it and he should know).

Anyway, mxCrypto development will continue to eventually include
most APIs of OpenSSL.

BTW, a way to speed up this work is by funding it: OpenSSL is really
hard to wrap right because of its poor documentation and the task is
rather time consuming.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   132 days left