NEWBIE:Let's try that again..Help w/path

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Aug 23 10:14:04 EDT 1999

Not knowing your experience, are you familiar with the DOS autoexec.bat
if so this should work for you.  If not you should be able to find
autoexec.bat in the c:\ directory, it is an ascii or ansi text file
depending if it has been edited before or not.

This is what was put in my autoexec.bat file when installing python and
python works on my PC.

set PYROOT=c:\py15
PATH %PYROOT%;%PATH%
set
PYTHONPATH=.;%PYROOT%;%PYROOT%\lib;%PYROOT%\lib\plat-win;%PYROOT%\lib\lib-tk;%PYROOT%\PIL;%PYROOT%ext\pyds;%PYROOT%ext\lib;
set TCL_LIBRARY=%PYROOT%\tcl8.0\library
set TK_LIBRARY=%PYROOT%\tk8.0\library

You will need to change PYROOT to
set PYROOT=c:\progra~1\python
if that is where you installed python

and if you installed tcl8.0 and tk8.0 to a different directory than the
default also, you will need to change the path for those.  I think this
should work for your case.  My installation is Python build 125

Thomas

chinaski_py at my-deja.com wrote:

> I'm new and need help with my Python path.When I go to open a Python
> file (.py) it won't open .I go to (on Win98):
> start
> run
> sysedit
> and here is my path:
> path %path%;C:\Perl\bin;path=C:\PROGRA~1\Python\;%path%
>                 Any help on this would be appreciated,
>                                 G.Norton (chinaski_py)

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  828 262 6587			FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine