Anyone else find Tk akward?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at news.hex.net
Thu Aug 12 23:25:33 EDT 1999

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:42:03 -0700, Orlando Vazquez
<ovazquez at sprint.ca> wrote:
>Is it just me, or is the way Tk organizes things on the window someone
>weird? I'm just starting to play around with it, and it has me puzzled.
>Wouldnt it be a lot easier to just use a coordinte system?
>For example put a button at (0,0) with length 10 and width 20 etc..
>Are there any reasons why it _has_ to be this way?

*What* coordinate system?

What units are you using?

The Tk model of packing "objects" onto a "canvas" allows it to
self-optimize, and lets the programmer not need to worry so much about
those sorts of fiddly details.
--
"The wrath of Holloway is nothing compared to the wrath of Moon."
-- Fred Drenckhahn