Printing from python on Windows platform

Darrell news at dorb.com
Tue Aug 3 20:48:16 EDT 1999

Printing from Windows isn't so straight forward.
I've seen printing support in wxPython.

In the old DOS days you could write to lpt1:

E:\dgXXX>copy win.cfg lpt1:
        1 file(s) copied.

Nothing came out of my printer.

E:\dgXXX>dir lpt*
 Volume in drive E has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 541E-3EC8

 Directory of E:\ace\v2\data\dgXXX

File Not Found

E:\dgXXX>copy win.cfg stdout:
"stdout:" is not a recognized device.

I'm using NT 4.0

Hummm.
--
--Darrell
news:Pine.LNX.3.96.990803232344.254A-100000 at Johann...